A Personal Web Blog Built For Wigwam Fisherman

My Fishing Pal's Blogs Banner

Welcome to Wigwam Fisherman's Fishing Blog

Your Last Catch Keeps You Coming Back Every Time

posted on 06/17/2009
Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Yesterday, when I was out fishing with one of my friends, we had a great conversation…we reminisced about past catches and lakes. The common theme was that the last catch on those lakes are what keep us going back time after time. I feel that I’m living my dream right now, being able to fish everyday on Lake of the Woods, and my last catch of the day most defiantly keeps me coming back, day after day.



Daily Fishing Report: Tonight we will have showers and thunder showers this evening followed by a few lingering showers overnight, low near 60F with winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 60% chance of rain. Tomorrow will look like this; partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms, high 78F with winds light and variable…there will be a 40% chance of rain. Tomorrow night should be partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms, low 59F with winds light and variable…there will be a 30% chance of rain. Again today’s fishing report will come from me first hand. I have been having my best success anywhere from 1 to 4 ½ miles northwest of Lighthouse Gap in the big water in 28 to 32 feet. The fishing has picked up again in that area since we started to get some good wind blowing through the area (1 to 1 ½” chop). Graceton Reef may be another spot to keep on your radar. I have been having some good success trolling and jigging with Pink and Gold Jigs with frozen emerald shiners as bait. We need the sun to warm up the rocks a bit more, but it’s still fishing well. Just a little FYI – Graceton Reef will be good, but bring extra tackle…there are a ton of rocks and you will get snagged up a couple times if you’re fishing over there. My other sources (our guides) have been going to Garden Island and having success in 22 to 25 feet of water. They have been using the same lures and bait as I have been using. Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods. Make sure you’re on the bottom because that’s were the fish are at!



My shout out today will go to the Jim Femrite Group from the Twin Cities area. These gentleman visited us earlier this week and were able to get into some great fish. Gentlemen, I hope that all your expectation were exceeded on your trip, and that we will see you again very soon back at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!



Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
www.wigwamresortlow.com




Wigwam Fisherman

www.wigwamresortlow.com


1 Comments
Back To Wigwam Fisherman's Main Blog Page

Posted By WebDude on 06/18/2009

WOW... very nice walleyes!