Msg 2 Posted: 09:40 AM 12/06/04 (CST)
Hi cbass! Welcome to My Fishing Pals! I appreciate you joining!|
As for your questions, I will try to do the best I can. Pretty lenghthy, but what the heck....
1. Do you ever attend any outdoors shows? Which ones?
Not really. Once in a while I'll attend a boat show, I also attended the icefishing show a few years back.
2. Do you ever consult bait/tackle shop sales staff for advice?
All the time. Whenever I am picking up bait, I always rely on what the locals have to say. I feel there are very knowledgable people working in the bait stores. They usually give me pretty good advice as to where they are catching fish. I suppose they want me to come back to buy more bait.
3. Which websites (aside from this one) do you visit for fishing information and/or advice?
Lots! fishingminnesota.com, lakestatfishing.com, DNR site, www.invominnesota.com, etc. etc.
4. Where else do you turn for info on the latest gear and technology?
Some magazines, mostly on-line stuff though.
5. Which brands do you respect the most?
Not sure what you are referring to here. Boats? Tackle? Rods and reels?
6. Do you ever read the Outdoor column in newspapers?
All the time.
7. Which fishing TV shows do you watch?
Herdly none. I do watch Babe once in a while. I actually went fishing with him and his brother a long time ago. Got to tour his facility up in Brainerd too. Funny thing though, we caught nothing but perch.
8. Which fishing publications do you read or subscribe to?
Outdoors Minnesota, Walleye
9. What is your ultimate fishing experience? Becoming a pro? A trophy fish? Fishing an exotic location?
Love to become a pro, but that is very hard to do. I think ultimately, trophy fish would be the top (gotta feed the family you know).
10. Do you typically use live or artificial bait? Please be specific as to what you use and why.
Usually live bait, but it depends on the circumstances. Leeches, minnows, crawlers once in a while. Sometimes spoons, Rappalas, etc. I remember one year up in the BWCA when I noticed a guy catching walleyes with a red and white daredevil. I decided to try it too. I spent a week using those spoons and caught a lot of fish. Who'd a thunk it with a red and white. It was a blast!
11. What do you see as the pros and cons of live vs. artificial bait?
Live seems to produce better on most of the lakes I fish. Artificial is definely more work, but once again, it depends on the circumstances.
12. What brand/type of fishing line would you use if your life depended on it?
I am still looking. I have used a lot of different stuff. I usually change it up every year. Haven't found anything to stick to yet.
13. What reason would you have to move up to a higher-end line like FireLine as opposed to monofilament?
I tried fireline on Mille Lacs last year. Every one in the boat, including my son, caught a lot of very nice walleyes. I caught nothing. I told a fishing pal of mine about this experience and he laughed and told me... "Don't you know! Your'e not supposed to use that stuff in Mille Lacs. The fish can see it." That was the last time I ever used it. I have been told that under some circumstances, it can work well. It doesn't stretch like mono will and it is very sensitive, but I am really not using it anymore 'til they can come up with something that blends in the water better.
14. What brand of line do you use, and why?
Hope this helps you out. Don't be a stranger!!!!