Contest dates: Saturday May 9th (12:01 am) through Sunday May 17th(11:59 pm)
Here is how it works.
Go out and catch the biggest walleye you can. Photograph the fish next to a tape measure and post the image on MFP. The angler who catches the biggest walleye wins, its that simple. What do you win? You win bragging rights for the entire year and also the right to post the title of 2009 MFP Big Walleye Champion in your signature until the 2010 opener.
Here are the rules:
1. The fish must be caught and photo posted during the contest dates. Meaning the photo needs to be posted by the end of the day on Sunday May 17th. That gives you 2 full weekends to get out and catch your fish.
2. The fish must be caught between the opening day on Saturday May 9th and the end of the contest on Sunday May 17th to be eligible. That means no posting pictures of fish caught last year or before the opener. We are all honorable people here so we will take your word on this.
3. The photo of the fish must be taken next to a tape measure to show the length. Length will be the official measure not weight. In the event of a tie the Moderators will be the final deciding factor, if a moderator has posted one of the 2 fish they will not be allowed to vote on the winner.
4. All users, moderators, and website owners are eligible to win.
5. If you are unable to post a photo you may email to a moderator or Webdude and we can post it for you.
People who fish for food, and sport be damned, are called pot-fishermen. The more expert ones are called crack pot-fishermen. All other fishermen are called crackpot fishermen. This is confusing. ~ Ed Zern, 1947