no $ for fish&game by legislature | Minnesota Fishing Forum - Controversies

Fishing Reports Banner

Posts 1 through 7 for no $ for fish&game by legislature

     

New? - Register Here!

No Obligations - Click Here for more information. Login

Main Forum Page     |     Fishing Blogs     |     Find a Fishing Partner     |     My Fishing Pals Home     |     To The Top - Minnesota Fishing Forum - Controversies
You Are Currently Viewing - Minnesota Fishing Forum - Controversies  
no $ for fish&game by legislature - - - 7 messages. Showing 1 through 7.
CrappieKeith
Senior Member
Joined 03/27/2006
Posts:3862

CrappieKeith's blogs, pictures and recent posts
Daily Subscription Msg 1 Posted: 04:29 PM 05/22/06 (CST)
What happened to all of the money generated by Mn lotto or from other places supposed to help out fish & game. Answer -general fund. Now they will not give it up.
Anyone want to chime in?



http://www.bucketrack.com/THEJig.html
IF IT'S WET...IT'S CATCH'N FISH
sportsnut218
Senior Member
Joined 05/15/2005
Posts:1259

sportsnut218's blogs, pictures and recent posts
Daily Subscription Msg 2 Posted: 10:39 PM 05/22/06 (CST)
The lottery money isn't goin towards DNR activities anymore?? The $25 million or so that was collected each year hasn't exactly been going where it's supposed to already. I know the LCMR (Legislative Commision on Minnesota Resources) hasn't been spending most of the Lottery money, so where has it been going? Having a Government commission decide where money goes definitely isn't working in the case of lottery money. All those commercials with animals thanking people is a crock.

Right now I'm looking for information on the vote to change that group to a CITIZEN group called Minnesota Conservation Heritage Foundation. The bill to make it a citizen group rather than a legistlative commission is # H.F. 1467 but I can't find a vote on it.

The state sure dropped the ball up here as far as the DECC Arena also, they only wanted $28 million compared to some of the stuff that was asked for. Now they're going to require around $45 million or more for the 2008 legistlative session to build the new arena. I won't go further on this subject since I don't want to turn fishing into politics smile smiley


My banners/affiliate site, YOU can advertise there as well.



Even a BAD day of fishing is better than a good day of work; paydays excluded!

My Photography Website, includes sports and outdoors pictures

My Photos Blog, I update my website in blog entries.

CrappieKeith
Senior Member
Joined 03/27/2006
Posts:3862

CrappieKeith's blogs, pictures and recent posts
Daily Subscription Msg 3 Posted: 09:01 AM 05/23/06 (CST)
It makes me mad as hell to see our goverment say we need the money for the fish & game ,which we find out later is a smoke screen. I am going to call my rep. today & drag his butt out on the carpet to explain himself.
I think if I could get 6 or 7 more guys to help me we could get him to act.
Here is the plan ... each of us is responsible for 1 hour ,during regular working hours to call and tie up some of that hour talking about why the $ is not going where it was intended. By the end of the day all he heard was fish& game issues.After a week of this he'd be asking for mercy.



http://www.bucketrack.com/THEJig.html
IF IT'S WET...IT'S CATCH'N FISH
sportsnut218
Senior Member
Joined 05/15/2005
Posts:1259

sportsnut218's blogs, pictures and recent posts
Daily Subscription Msg 4 Posted: 02:52 PM 05/23/06 (CST)
Considering that fishing and the lakes are the largest tourism draw we've got in this state, you'd think they'd already have a clue.

Here's info from the State Lottery's website:

----
When Minnesota plays, everybody wins. That's because proceeds from the Minnesota State Lottery finance a variety of projects that preserve, restore and enhance our state's natural resources. During the current biennium (2005-2007), 55 projects will receive $33 million through the Lottery-funded Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund, which is administered by the Legislative Commission on Minnesota Resources. Since the Lottery's start-up, the trust fund has financed another 278 projects worth $171 million.

The trust fund receives 40 percent of Lottery net proceeds, or about 7 cents of every dollar spent on Lottery tickets. That totaled about $28 million in FY05. The remaining 60 percent of proceeds is allocated to the state General Fund for programs such as public education, health and human services and public safety. 72.4 percent of a 6.5 cents in-lieu-of-sales tax is also distributed among various environmental programs, with the remaining 27.6 percent going to the General Fund.

----

Now reading those numbers, it doesn't make sense to me that they put the Loon on lottery tickets and specifically say by gambling we're improving the natural resources of the state. Since 60% is tied up in programs that AREN'T specifically mentioned in lottery advertisement it seems like the 40% that is going towards the LCMR fund is a front to hide from people who don't do research, the 60% of money specifically going to the general fund.

Doing the math, it says in 2005 the LCMR got $28 million, yet over the years 2005 through 2007 only $33 million is being put into 55 projects? The extra money has to be earning interest somewhere correct?

No wonder the former lottery chair committed suicide, not to make light of that or anything.


My banners/affiliate site, YOU can advertise there as well.



Even a BAD day of fishing is better than a good day of work; paydays excluded!

My Photography Website, includes sports and outdoors pictures

My Photos Blog, I update my website in blog entries.

CrappieKeith
Senior Member
Joined 03/27/2006
Posts:3862

CrappieKeith's blogs, pictures and recent posts
Daily Subscription Msg 5 Posted: 03:28 PM 05/23/06 (CST)
it reminds me of the charity game. Give to us as we are gathering money for DARE.1cent of every dollor goes to DARE the other 90 cents goes to the marketer. Same rip off.



http://www.bucketrack.com/THEJig.html
IF IT'S WET...IT'S CATCH'N FISH
CrappieKeith
Senior Member
Joined 03/27/2006
Posts:3862

CrappieKeith's blogs, pictures and recent posts
Daily Subscription Msg 6 Posted: 02:24 PM 05/25/06 (CST)
Well it is for sure/no dedicated funding for the fish&game.We should have made it that way with the other program. So now we have to wait for 3 years before it comes up again.
Why did it not get added to the stadium bill as a rider like so many other PORK bills.Oink oink,what a stinker.




http://www.bucketrack.com/THEJig.html
IF IT'S WET...IT'S CATCH'N FISH
sportsnut218
Senior Member
Joined 05/15/2005
Posts:1259

sportsnut218's blogs, pictures and recent posts
Daily Subscription Msg 7 Posted: 01:55 PM 05/28/06 (CST)
The northern Democrats attempted to STALL the Twins Stadium bill to get the Duluth Arena added to it... which obviously wasn't going to happen but they tried. As for outdoors money I didn't know the stuff about it until you posted it in here.... Mike Hatch, the likely democrat governor hopefull I believe will be up here for 4th of July parade in Cloquet.. h mm



Even a BAD day of fishing is better than a good day of work; paydays excluded!

My eBay listings My banners/affiliate site, YOU can advertise there as well.



Even a BAD day of fishing is better than a good day of work; paydays excluded!

My Photography Website, includes sports and outdoors pictures

My Photos Blog, I update my website in blog entries.

no $ for fish&game by legislature - - - 7 messages. Showing 1 through 7.
You Are Currently Viewing - Minnesota Fishing Forum - Controversies  

New? - Register Here

No Obligations - Click Here for more information. Login

Main Forum Page     |     Top of This Forum     |     My Fishing Pals Home
Members Browsing
the Forums:
    shadowgrass     Wildcat    
Users Online:2
Guests Online:95
Total Online: 97


Terms and Conditions